FOR ALL MY STUDENTS

Teaching teens and helping reduce the achievement gap though the use of technology, love and consistancy.

Monday, February 19, 2007

MicroSoft Office - Word-Publisher-Excel-Power Point

Everyday as I teach MS Office to my students (all at different levels), I have them ask me, "Miss how did you get so smart with computers?" After I deflate my big head and get back to reality, I tell them I don't know 1/2 of what I could know. They just look at me funny. Tuesday night reaffirmed my lack of knowledge. When I just about get an entire program down, they come out with a new version. For instance I had no idea about the research option. How cool was that? And adding audio to the edit; my students will flip the first time I do that! I just have to go buy some microphones! I use to grade all my English classes papers with the edit tool we used Tuesday. I don't teach English this year so I pushed that to the back of my mind. I could be using it in Power Point and Publisher I'm sure. My point is, even those of us who teach technology and think we're on top of it, should realize we have a long way to go to reach the top and should re-educate ourselves on a regular basis to stay on top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home