FOR ALL MY STUDENTS

Teaching teens and helping reduce the achievement gap though the use of technology, love and consistancy.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

DELICIOUS HASN'T BEEN SO TASTY FOR ME YET!

It seems that my Internet connection running at 26k baud is a real problem. Normally, I'm okay with it but it's really been getting on my nerves. I set up my account and was attempting to create a button but it was taking so long I stopped it and decided it was time to fix the Internet connection. I have a brand new Dell with dial-up (I live in the boonies) and even though I have a 56K modem, nothing I seem to do makes it any faster. MSN says it Dell, and you guessed it Dell says it MNS. Well, the last test was logging on through Internet Explorer skipping MNS. It's still running 26.4K. It is near impossible to get anything done at that speed. Waiting for replies is a problem worse than sending a request. Anyway, I can't wait to get my favorites setup so I can access all the ones from school at home. One of the best uses I see is when they reimage my computer at school, I won't loose all my favorites.
And I keep plugging along..........

2 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Charlie said...

    Can you get cable where you are at? If you can get cable, you should get cable access to the Internet. It is the fastest and even much faster than DSL. If you live out in the boonies, the likelihood of getting DSL is not good. The only other option is satellite access and that is way too expensive at this moment in time. Maybe someday the price will come down but the last time I checked on it it was way too expensive.

    Charlie

     
  • At February 19, 2007 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Charlie said...

    Oh, one more thing, Kim. I had the same problem you did when I lived where the only thing I could get was dial-up and the Internet provider blamed it on the phone company and said the phone company was suppose to guarantee you at least 56k and I called the phone company and they denied the fact that they had to guarantee anything above around 26k. I even threatened to report the phone company to the FCC and they said go ahead that they were certain that they did not have to guarantee me at least 56k in dial-up access.

    Charlie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home