FOR ALL MY STUDENTS

Teaching teens and helping reduce the achievement gap though the use of technology, love and consistancy.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bloglines - Getting Me Organized

I took forever getting everyone into my blog last night. It would have helped if I'd read all the directions like I tell my students. As I started the process it didn't take me long to realize I needed to get a folder just for the class. After figuring that out I had to start over but finally finish with a nice neat folder for class. The entire time I was working on getting my bloglines set up, I was thinking how I could use this new thing in my classroom and school campus. As the Web Master for my campus and the resident tech guru (I've got them all snowed) I came up with the perfect use. I have just developed a program for our campus to share great web sites. I made folders for all classes for both middle and high school plus a behavior management folder. Teachers are to send me their favorite sites to share with their counterpart teacher(middle/high). The have sent me hundreds and I was overwhelmed immediately. I sat the project aside until I figured out a method to the madness! Bloglines is it. I will set up folders in bloglines just like in did on our sever, teach all the teachers how to use it and they will keep up the folders themselves! Such a great idea. Such a perfect use of technology across our campus. Time saving and up-to-date. How exciting! OH WAIT..... it's blocked and can't be accessed by any teacher anywhere in the District. Maybe they'll be willing to update in and review it from home; after they have graded their papers, called parents and prepared for the next day. Yeah, that's going to happen! So much for the millions of dollars the taxpayers have put in to technology for our teachers and students. If it's not Power Point driven I guess it's blocked!!!!
Next the second part....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home