FOR ALL MY STUDENTS

Teaching teens and helping reduce the achievement gap though the use of technology, love and consistancy.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Great Class Tonight

I learned so much tonight to share with my students. Especially how to show them the validity of a web site. Today during class, one of my students got all excited to show everyone a picture he had found. It was a white dog, like the old Budweiser dog and his face was covered with porcupine needles. When I say covered boy I mean covered. However, I brought to his attention that when a porcupine shoots his quills, they can't round the corner of a dogs face and lodge behind the ears and shoulders. He said, "Well Miss, there's blood!" I said, go to worth1000.com and you'll see all kinds of things that look real. He told me I could give him a zero for the week if he was wrong. Tomorrow in class his web assignment will be to trace the owner of the site and the links! I'm so excited to share this new info with my kids. I will post a picture of the dog if he can find it tomorrow! Good night!
Kim

2 Comments:

  • At January 30, 2007 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Miss Kim said...

    Note about the time... the blog site said I posted this note at 8:30pm... it's actually 11:05pm which means if you post at 10:30pm thinking you are meeting the due date, you're two and a half hours late!!!

     
  • At February 4, 2007 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Cindy Kennedy said...

    I have noticed the time difference as well. I checked out the website and it had some pretty neat pictures on it. I would like to hear how well your students takes his zero. We have done the star chart before and it was just ranking you and your district in different areas of technology.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home